Wednesday, May 30, 2012

crave or save: kelly wearstler imperial trellis fabric

BW and I are so lucky because our house has an amazing outdoor space. Rather than going with the typical outdoor table, umbrella, lawn chairs, yadda, yadda, I wanted to create a second living space with comfy, lounge-y furniture. We finally found pieces we loved - the World Market set below (which we bought on sale!). I've spent the last few weeks trying to find some outdoor pillows to pull the space together. Thanks to Pinterest, I fell in love with the Kelly Wearstler Imperial Trellis fabric and decided I'd order a few yards and whip up some pillows. Until, of course, I noticed that the Kelly Wearstler fabric is $134 a YARD! As someone who thinks $20 is a lot for a yard of fabric I think $134 is absolutely insane. After some searching I found something pretty darn close for $9 a yard. It's from fabric.com and as far as I can tell it's identical. I'm hoping to find a few other patterns and accents to toss into the mix, but the KW inspired fabric is definitely a start.

{ our World Market furniture }


Then, I found theses puppies on target.com. $25 for TWO pillows! I should just order them call it a day, but these are only 16" and I really want something a little bigger.



To wrap thing up, check out some of these beautiful rooms showcasing the Kelly Wearstler Imperial Trellis pattern. Maybe you'll be inspired to order some of the "save" fabric for yourself! Also, I've pulled together an "inspiration board" for the feel I want to create for the outdoor space. I will be sharing that soon!








{ all images via pinterest }

No comments:

Post a Comment