Friday, May 11, 2012

cinco de mayo

This past weekend BW and I hosted a Cinco de Mayo party. Partly as an excuse to get friends together and partly as an excuse to show off our new place. Having spent way too much time on Pinterest meant there were several things I was dying to try. My bff, who happened to be staying with us last week, was bullied into so sweet to help me decorate. So our evenings were spent in front of the TV cutting out tiny mustaches and tissue paper. Here are a few pics of our handy work and the very festive fiesta.


{ our invite via paperlesspost.com. so many adorable invites, you'll never use evite again. }



{ admiring our handy work }





 { DIY pom poms. tutorial here. }



{ the most adorable ruffled streamers. tutorial here. }




{ My DIY chevron painted runner. tutorial coming soon! }


Keep reading for recipes and more pictures!



On the menu:

{ Crock Pot Chicken Tacos }

  • 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

  • 1 package taco seasoning (I make my own or use whatever I can find that's low sodium)

  • 1 16 ounce jar salsa


Combine all ingredients in crock pot, mix well. Cook on high for 4 to 6 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours. Remove chicken to shred (I like to shred my chicken in the Kitchenaid mixer) and return to crock pot. NOTE: there will be a lot of liquid once you remove your chicken. Do not drain it! That is what will keep you chicken juicy and full of flavor. Serve with tortillas, cheese, pico de gallo, lettuce and jalapeños.

{ EB's Famous Homemade Guacamole }

  • 4 avocados

  • 1 ripe tomato, diced

  • 1/2 onion, diced

  • 2 cloves garlic, smashed

  • 2 limes, juiced

  • 1 bunch cilantro, chopped

  • salt & pepper


Combine all ingredients and let sit for 30-40 minutes before serving to allow flavors to develop.

{ Knock-Me-Down Margaritas }

  • 1 can frozen limeade (save the can to measure remaining ingredients)

  • 1 can tequila

  • 1 can Sprite (you can use 1/2 can water and 1/2 can Sprite if you prefer)

  • 1 Corona

  • fresh squeezed lime juice


Mix all ingredients together. Serve with crushed ice and lime wedges and try not to stay on your feet!









Oh and by the way... this is my 100th post! Olè!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my that looks so cute! I love it! NExt year I am planning on having a little cinco de mayo party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great party girls!!! So fun! and so you two!!

    ReplyDelete